Terms and Conditions
Here at Newco Legal, we don’t agree with having long-winded terms that nobody wants to read. That’s why we created these short form terms and conditions. No legal jargon or waffle!
“we, us”: Newcolex Limited, registered in England and Wales with company number 12345678, with its registered office at 7 Bell Yard, London, WC2A 2JR.
“you”: for the purposes of the Services we provide, this is your private limited company that has been registered at Companies House. Please note that we can only provide Services to a director(s) that is clearly listed as a director on Companies House. If it turns you aren’t, we won’t refund for you for the Services and the MBG (defined below) does not apply.
“Services”: the solutions We provide on our Website at www.newcolegal.com/solutions
Note: if you want to read about how we use your data that you give to us, please read our exhilarating Privacy and Cookies Policy below.
- We provide the Services to you online or virtually. There are no face-to-face solutions or Services.
- We are a company, but all of our lawyers are regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (“the SRA”).
- We are happily not a law firm. It means we are not authorised by the SRA to practice reserved legal activities as a business. The good news is that we don’t, and will never, practice reserved legal activities!
- You will pay for the Services before they are completed and/or delivered to you. The price is on our Website and excludes VAT (so VAT, at the correct current rate, will be added before you checkout and pay). We might change the prices of our Services- sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive. Unfortunately, we can never be sure by how much and when. If you are in the process of checking out on our Website, the price will not change to the price you saw before you proceeded to check out and pay.
- We offer a money back guarantee (“MBG”) for some of our Services (not all). It is clearly stated alongside the Service ont he Website if the MBG applies. We want you to feel like you received quality legal help but, in turn, we need to make sure our MBG is not abused (it happens- a lot!) Therefore, if we say there is an MBG, there is- we will give you your money back. However, the only condition to the MBG is that you must request this in writing or via the Live Chat functionality, and you will be asked to explain why you want your money back. This is to stop those that feel like they can abuse the MBG for free legal help and, also, it helps us learn from why our customers feel like they are not getting fair value for money.
- Some of our Services are reliant on you feeding us with information. That is the back bone to our legal technology. What that means is that if you feed us with wrong, unclear or dodgy information, the Services won’t be right or accurate neither, but that’s not on us (as we can’t do anything about that to change it). The Services that rely on you to give us such information does not include us ’checking’ what you have given us.
- Specifically for the Unlimited Company Secretary solution, we have one big exception, which is anything related financially to you. Most likely, this will be tax-related or accountancy-related. This work is not included, such as filing VAT returns or annual accounts. We can help file the finalised accounts with Companies House, but we won’t be grabbing our calculators and doing the actual work. Also, if we believe that You are acting fraudlently or illegally, we can immediatel terminate the work. The solution is monthly meaning you can cancel at any time, but we don’t offer any pro rata refunds for the month. This works both ways though, so we can cancel at any time but will provide you with a pro rata refund if we choose to do this. Fair is fair!
- Specifically for the Unlimited Legal Access solution, we have a few exceptions which are transparently written on the same page of the website as the Service. However, please bear in mind that the exceptions might change over time. We will give current clients advanced notice, where possible, when we are adding exceptions to the list. Also, if we believe that You are acting fraudlently or illegally, we can immediatel terminate the work. The solution is monthly meaning you can cancel at any time, but we don’t offer any pro rata refunds for the month. This works both ways though, so we can cancel at any time but will provide you with a pro rata refund if we choose to do this. Fair is fair!
- Specifically for the virtual lawyer meeting solution, you must be aware that there are exceptions to what we can advise on. They are the same exceptions that are listed out in clause 7 above. If you make an appointment and ask us to advise on one of these exceptions, we won’t be able to but, to be as fair as possible, we will refund you 50% of the fees you paid if this does happen. Also, please note that we are not magicians or wizards. It might be the case that we cannot give you advice ’there and then’ during the virtual meeting. We will do our best, as that is the whole point of this solution, but at times it will simply not be possible. If we can’t, the lawyer who you are meeting with will explain whether a further follow-up meeting is required and whether this will be free of charge or charged for at our current rates of the solution. Of course, you will not be compelled or forced to follow-up in another virtual meeting either- that is your decision to make.
- As you are acting in the course of your business, please be aware that you are not afforded as many statutory rights to things like refunds. Then again, if you didn’t know that, might be good to brush up on your legal skills and attend our director training masterclass.
Our liability to you: We created Newco Legal with a big mission in mind. As a result, our Services are super cost-effective and nowhere near the price you will pay to a traditional lawyer. However, on the same hand and to make this work as a business for ourselves, we have to be careful on what costs and liabilities we accept. For these terms, and for the Services we provide you, unless one of the statutory exceptions apply or we are grossly negligent, our total liability to you will only ever be the price you pay for the Service(s).
- Because the SRA and many other lawyers seem to get too hung up on this point, we will openly stress again that we are not an authorised law firm. But, again, all the solicitors who work for, or on behalf, of us are fully regulated, admitted practising solicitors of the SRA- we can even show you our fancy practising certificates to prove it (if you like.)
- Confidentiality: this is a big, important, thing. We get it. As lawyers, we are subject to a much higher duty and standard of confidentiality than almost any other business, trade or profession. It means you are in safe hands. We won’t ever act or advise for parties that are against each other (this will only ever happen for our virtual lawyer meeting solution anyway.) If there is a conflict we can reasonably see or discover, we will stop our Services to You, refund any fees you paid and politely walk away.
- Disputes: suddenly hate us? That’s not good. Reach out to us via email or Live Chat, and our founder will contact you directly to resolve the issue. If that doesn’t work (which we are quite sure it will), the courts of England and Wales will be there to rescue us both.
DATE: 15th July 2021
Our contact details
Name: Newcolex Limited
Address: 7 Bell Yard, London, WC2A 2JR
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you when completing the form required to obtain our solutions.
We use the information that you have given us in order to satisfy ourselves that you represent a new company as an appointed director and to provide the services to you.
We may share this information with Paperform.co, who are technical provider of the intake forms. They sub-process your data on our behalf.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in our servers based in England.
We keep the personal identifying information for 2 years. We will then dispose your information by permanent digital deletion.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at our registered office. Please mark your letter FAO of “Legal Director”.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk